Goals / Action Steps
Goal: Develop students’ technology skills in order to support and build their digital literacy.
- Provide students with the opportunity to strengthen their ability to communicate, collaborate, create and think critically through the use of technology.
- Support student awareness and understanding of how technology affects their academic experience.
- Provide students opportunities to experience learning using a variety of technology resources.
- Participate in digital citizenship lessons throughout each school year that are age/grade appropriate focusing on Digital Literacy, Internet Safety, Creative Credit and Digital Footprint.
Goal: Develop teachers’ knowledge and skills in order to effectively integrate technology into their instruction.
- Provide multiple, differentiated, and targeted opportunities for professional development to support best practices.
- Support job-embedded professional learning through the integration of technology in the classroom.
- Provide staff with a menu of technological options to support student learning.
- Support the consistent implementation and usage of a Learning Management System (LMS) at all grade levels to maximize learning and reduce printing cost.
- Provide training to all staff members on digital citizenship and implement grade level lesson to all students in K-12th grade.
Goal: Provide and maintain infrastructure, technology, and data systems to support all staff and students.
- Maintain a suitable, secure, robust, and reliable infrastructure that enables a consistent experience for all users.
- Continue to research, evaluate, and implement appropriate educational technologies for effective teaching and learning.
- Improve interoperability of data sources and systems throughout the district to enable maximum proficiency.
- Update and maintain district-wide device purchasing projection.